I follow several Christian you tube channels, and one in particular has been touching on this young, evangelical exodus from the church. According to the Author, who happens to be a young evangelical himself, and in tune with the youth in the San Antonio area, there are several reasons for said exodus. According to him, the number one reason is lack of moral discipline. He explained that many youths’ see the moral decline and yearn for more structure and discipline. That’s the reason many of them are moving to Islam, Mormonism and Jehovah witness, Hindu and other religions. He said the wishy washy attitude, and lack of conviction and biblical moral conscience, has made the evangelical movement seem weak and “fake”, hence the turn to others who seem to uphold more substance and are more “genuine”. I guess the moral of the story is, you profess yet bare no fruit, and you will become to others as nothing more than an empty window. They will look elsewhere seeking what they think is the real thing. Even though I wasn’t really shocked when I read this, I was, if that makes any sense. Well my young friends, there really is something genuine and real. There is someone who will stick by your side closer than a brother, closer, and more true than the truest friend. He will never, ever leave you or forsake you. Friends may let you down, family may let you down, religion may even let you down, but He NEVER will. And the map with instructions to find him is easy to obtain, may even be sitting on your book shelf. Its called the Bible. Gods Holy Word. Everything you’ll ever need is inside that book, or map if you like. All ya got to do is pick it up, dust it off, and read and follow the instructions. Don’t follow other maps, don’t listen to any other directions. Follow the Bible, the only true map, and you will never get lost. It will lead you straight to Jesus Christ, the Savior and the “genuine” and “real” thing you’re looking for. Nothing or no one else will ever completely satisfy you. He is what you seek, my friend, and he is waiting for you, with open arms.
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15. Hence forth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye ask of the Father in my name, He may give it to you.